Ingredients/Compontents of Ann's etouffee recipe
- shrimp, peeled 2
- vegetable oil 1/3
- flour 1/2
- onion, finely chopped - 1/2 item
- garlic cloves, finely chopped - 3 item
- green bell pepper, chopped 1/4
- carrot, coarsely chopped 1/4
- fresh parsley, chopped 1/4
- celery ribs, chopped - 2 item
- can beer - 1 item
- can shrimp soup condensed - 1 item
- shrimp broth 4
- bay leaves - 3 item
- Lea & Perrins 1/2
- Creole seasoning - 1 item
How to make ann's etouffeePeel shrimp; place shrimp shells into 2-quart pan. Add 4 1/2 cups water. Add chopped carrots, onion, bell pepper, celery, parsley, bay leaves and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer about 25 minutes. Strain and put broth aside and save the broth.
Combine oil and flour in a large Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until "roux" is caramel colored, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in beer; gradually add shrimp broth, shrimp soup and garlic, mixing well. Return to heat; stir in mixture from broth. Bring to boil over low heat and simmer. Cover pot and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add Creole seasoning and Lea & Perrins sauce to taste. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add shrimp until they turn pink.
1. Whether easily to prepare this dish?