Betty's "love" soup(minestrone)
Ingredients/Compontents of Betty's "love" soup(minestrone) recipe
- lb Round steak - 1 item
- head cabbage, chopped - 1/2 item
- quarts water - 6 item
- onions, chopped - 2 item
- stalks celery, sliced - 6 item
- carrots, sliced - 4 item
- can kidney beans, drained & rinsed - 1 item
- can tomatoes, crushed or whole - 1 item
- tsp parsley flakes - 1 item
- tsp thyme leaves - 1 item
- tsp marjoram leaves - 1 item
- tsp garlic powder - 1/2 item
- tsp black pepper - 1/4 item
- tsp crushed red pepper seeds - 1/4 item
- bag 16 oz frozen mixed vegetables - 1 item
- cup uncooked ditalini or elbow macaroni - 1 item
How to make betty's "love" soup(minestrone)Combine steak, cabbage, water, onions, celery, carrots, kidney beans, tomatoes and seasonings in a large soup pot. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 2 hours.
Add frozen mixed vegetables, cover and simmer for 1 hour. Remove steak and allow to cool. Add 1 cup of macaroni, bring to a boil, then cover and remove from heat. When steak is cool, cut into small pieces and add back into soup.
Note: This soup has no salt added, so it is "Heart Friendly".
1. Whether easily to prepare this dish?