Chicken noodle soup
Ingredients/Compontents of Chicken noodle soup recipe
- ready to cook broiler-fryer chicken, cut up - 1 (2
- water - 3 qt
- medium onion, quartered - 1 item
- few sprigs parsley - 1 item
- salt - 1 tsp
- whole black peppercorns - 1 tsp
- uncooked fine noodles - 2 c
- diced celery - 1 c
- shredded carrots - 1/2 c
- salt - 2 tsp
- dried thyme, crushed - 1/2 tsp
- dried oregano, crushed - 1/4 tsp
How to make chicken noodle soupPlace chicken in Dutch oven or deep kettle. Add water, onion, parsley, salt and whole black peppercorns. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Remove chicken from broth. Cool and remove meat from bones. Dice meat. Strain broth and return to kettle. Bring stock to boiling and add noodles, celery, shredded carrots, salt, thyme and oregano. Return to boil. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Add chicken and heat. Makes 2 1/2-quarts.
1. Whether easily to prepare this dish?