Easy tuna casserole
Ingredients/Compontents of Easy tuna casserole recipe
- canned peas, drained reserve liquid - 1 c
- carrots, diced or pennied 1
- small onion, chopped - 1 item
- potatoes, diced 1
- small can tuna, drained reserve liquid - 1 item
- margarine - 4 Tbsp
- flour - 4 Tbsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- milk - 1 item
- bread or cracker crumbs - 1/2 c
How to make easy tuna casseroleBaking Temperature: 350°. Baking Time: 35 minutes.
Cook carrots in liquid from peas. When carrots are boiling, add the onion and potatoes. Cook until tender; add peas. Remove from heat and drain, reserving liquid.
In separate pan, melt the margarine, stir in the flour and salt. Add liquid from vegetables and tuna to which milk has been added to make 2 cups. Cook and stir until thick and smooth. Layer vegetables, tuna and sauce in a casserole dish. Cover with crumbs. Bake. Yield: 4 servings.
A good main dish, especially nice when you have forgotten to thaw other meat!
1. Whether easily to prepare this dish?