French shellfish mornay
Ingredients/Compontents of French shellfish mornay recipe
- sliced fresh mushrooms - 1/2 c
- chopped onion - 1/4 c
- chopped celery - 1/4 c
- chopped red, green and yellow pepper - 1/4 c
- butter or margarine - 2 Tbsp
- flour - 1/4 c
- dash of red or black pepper - 1 item
- dash of cayenne pepper - 1 item
- salt - 1/8 tsp
- fresh or dried thyme, oregano and/or basil - 1 tsp
- milk 1
- hot pepper cheese or American cheese - 1/4 lb
- white grape juice - 2 Tbsp
- poached shellfish of crab, shrimp and/or scallops - 1 c
- loaf French bread - 1 item
- paprika or snipped parsley optional - 1 item
How to make french shellfish mornaySaute mushrooms, onion, celery and pepper in margarine or butter. Stir in flour, peppers, herbs and salt. Add milk all at once, cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Lower heat and add cheese and grape juice. Cook until melted and smooth; do not boil. Slice bread and toast it. Place cooked seafood on toast and top with sauce. Garnish with paprika or sprigs of fresh parsley.
Note: Topping toast with shellfish and this zesty cheese sauce makes an elegant appetizer.
1. Whether easily to prepare this dish?