Ham and bean soup or ham and potato soup
Ingredients/Compontents of Ham and bean soup or ham and potato soup recipe
- Cook's ham slice - 3/4 1
- cans Swanson vegetable broth - 2 item
- can chicken broth - 1 item
- stalks celery - 3 item
- carrots - 3 item
- medium onion - 1 item
- fresh ground pepper 1/4
- cans navy beans not drained or 3 to 4 potatoes, cubed with or without skins - 3 item
- stick butter be sure to use real butter - 1 item
- flour 1/2
- milk skim works, whole is richer or anything in between 3
- fresh ground pepper 1/8
How to make ham and bean soup or ham and potato soupIn large soup pot, add ham, cubed into 1/4 to 3/8-inch cubes, pepper, broth, celery, carrots, onion and beans (cubed potatoes if you are making potato soup), all cut into soup size chunks. Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer while you thicken milk.
In smaller but heavy pot, melt butter with pepper over medium+ heat. Add flour while whisking. It will get pasty. Slowly add milk while stirring with the whisk constantly. Keep stirring until it boils or just before; the mixture will be quite thick. Be careful not to scorch the milk. By now the vegetables should be cooked. Combine; stir and enjoy.
Remember to scrape the gooey stuff from the milk pot with a spatula; that's the best part. Start to finish, this recipe should only take 25 to 30 minutes.
1. Whether easily to prepare this dish?