Sweet and sour chicken
Ingredients/Compontents of Sweet and sour chicken recipe
- canola oil - 2 Tbsp
- boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips - 2 lb
- can pineapple chunks in heavy syrup, drained and liquid reserved - 1 oz
- can sliced water chestnuts, drained - 1 oz
- fresh broccoli florets - 1 c
- medium sized red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch chunks - 1 item
- light soy sauce - 2 Tbsp
- white vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- ketchup - 1 Tbsp
- cornstarch - 2 Tbsp
- sugar - 2 Tbsp
- fresh snow peas, trimmed - 1 c
How to make sweet and sour chickenHeat the oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until no pink remains. Add the pineapple chunks, water chestnuts, broccoli and bell pepper. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
In a small bowl, combine the reserved pineapple liquid, the soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, cornstarch and sugar. Mix well. Stir into a skillet and cook for 3 minutes. Add the snow peas and cook for 1 minute or until the sauce thickens. Serve immediately.
Exchanges: 1 1/2 carbohydrate, 3 very lean meat, 1 vegetable and 1 fat, calories 265, calories from fat 58, total fat 6 g, saturated fat 1 g, cholesterol 68 mg, sodium 245 mg, carbohydrate 25 g, dietary fiber 2 g, sugars 19 g, protein 26 g.
1. Whether easily to prepare this dish?