Ingredients/Compontents of Tuna mousse recipe
- envelope Unflavored Gelatin - 1 item
- TBSP Lemon Juice - 2 item
- slice of onion - 1 inch thick - 1 item
- cup boiling water - 1/2 item
- cup mayonnaise - 1/2 item
- - 7 ounce cans of Tuna in water - 2 item
- tsp dill - 1 item
- tsp paprika - 1/4 item
- cup Sour Cream - 1 item
How to make tuna mousseIn a blender or food processor, combine the gelatin, lemon juice, onion and boiling water and blend thoroughly. Add mayonnaise, tuna, paprika and dill - blend again. Add sour cream and blend making sure the mixture is smooth and that the sour cream has all been incorporated. Turn mixture into a lightly oiled 3 1/2 cup mold (I use a fish shaped mold). Chill until firm, preferably overnight and unmold on a platter (it helps to loosen the edge with a small sharp knife). Garnish with parsley, black olives, green olives, radishes and lemons (I use a small piece of a sliced green olive with pimento for fish's eye.) Surround the bottom of the tray with party sized pumpernickel or rye bread slices or crackers.
NOTE: You may substitute salmon or crab for the tuna if you wish.
1. Whether easily to prepare this dish?